Not Tech Savvy? Simplify Your Home Security
Converting your home into a smart one can seem intimidating but the right security provider will install peace of mind. Home automation can be a brilliant addition to any household with the ease of controlling functions from a smart device. Household features that can be controlled remotely include your door locks, garage door, thermostat, control, lighting, home entertainment system, video surveillance and alarm system. If that sounds too excessive for you, here’s a breakdown of 10 basic wireless alarm system necessities instead:
- Professionals: First step is the installation process. You don’t need to be tech savvy to hire professionals to do all the work! They have the knowledge and tools to make sure it is done correctly. The experts will be able to convert your needs into actual services and features.
- Control Panel: This is the most important component because it is the central station, the main hub. It connects all the pieces of your home security puzzle and keeps them linked together.
- Keypad: To arm and disarm your system, you use the keypad and enter your code. Besides a physical keypad, you can access your security system from anywhere on your mobile device. If you forgot to arm it before you leave, you can do it on the app. With this virtual keypad you can also watch live footage from your cameras. The app is easy to use and will send you push notifications.
- Motion Sensor: This will tell you when there is movement outside your home. Whether it is a friend coming over, the mailman or a stranger, you will receive a notification to help you quickly decide what to do next.
- Camera: When the motion detector is set off, it would be nice to see why. Is your family arriving home? Are you receiving a package? Is it a wild animal in search of food? It’s as easy as opening an app on your phone to check the live footage. If you see someone breaking in, you can act instantly to alert the police.
- Siren: When the alarm is set off, a siren will make a blaring noise to wake up even the heaviest sleeper. The ringing will scare off burglars and warn your neighbors.
- Detectors: Your home likely has fire detectors, but these are crucial for your safety. If they are not the combo detectors that also identify carbon monoxide, you will need additional detectors. These can be connected to your security system, but it is not a necessity.
- Signs: The alarm system you purchase will come with window decals and a yard sign. The window decals are great for when someone is trying to look inside your home, they will see the security logo. That is if they miss your new yard sign saying what company installed your system!
- Door Contacts: These tell your security system if a door is open or not. While your system is armed, and the door is opened, you will receive a notification. This can trigger the siren, rushing the burglar out. These contacts can also be used on windows.
- Power Transformer: As the primary power source for an alarm system, power transformers are vital to their function. It simply plugs into a wall outlet and if the electricity goes out the backup battery will take over.
We understand the transitioning to a smart home can seem like a daunting task, but we are here to help! Please give CEI Alarm a call at 775.673.9500.